No one wants to face the most expensive home repairs, but they can happen at any time. The money and time involved in these repairs can be overwhelming, so it’s important to be prepared. Here are the most costly home repairs and how to prevent them:
1. Roof Replacement – Replacing a roof can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on the size of the home and the materials used. To avoid a costly roof replacement, make sure to inspect your roof at least once a year. Replace any missing shingles, clear away debris, and be sure to repair any cracks or other damage as soon as possible.
2. Foundation Repair – Foundation repair can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on the extent of the damage. To prevent costly foundation repairs, make sure your home is properly waterproofed and inspect the foundation at least once a year. If you notice any cracks, have them repaired right away.
3. Plumbing Repairs – Plumbing repairs can cost anywhere from $500 to $10,000 depending on the type of repair needed. To avoid costly plumbing repairs, make sure to inspect your pipes and fixtures regularly and be sure to address any leaks right away.
4. HVAC System Replacement – Replacing an HVAC system can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $12,000 depending on the size of the home and the system needed. To prevent costly HVAC system replacements, make sure to have your system inspected by a qualified technician at least once a year and replace any worn or damaged parts.
5. Electrical Repairs – Electrical repairs can cost anywhere from $500 to $10,000 depending on the type of repair needed. To avoid costly electrical repairs, make sure to inspect your home’s electrical system at least once a year and replace any worn or damaged parts.
Some of these repairs can be done by yourself with the right guidance. We recommend you download the CPRO - Home Service app to video call with an experienced home service professional to ensure you are taking proper care of your home and receive guidance on what you can do to minimize costs in the future.